To inspire the next generation of innovators and thought leaders by engaging them in exciting hands-on projects solving real world problems to encourage entry into the talent pipeline, bolster self-confidence, and foster a well-rounded mastery of the areas of communication, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
According to the STEM Education Coalition, “Exposure to formal and informal learning in STEM subjects, beginning at an early age and continuing through high school, prepares our nation’s student’s for the future ahead.”
C-STEM Pedagogy enriches curriculum and instruction through integrated learning experiences that emphasize hands-on, project-based learning. The C-STEM Logic Model shows the relationship between the problem statement and program goals and provides the strategy for addressing the area of need. The organization provides support services to teachers and students.
Our organization goals are to:
- Inspire students to become innovators and technologically proficient problem-solvers and critical thinkers using hands-on learning experiences in areas such as robotics, 3D printing, mural, sculpture, photography, film, debate, innovation, computer programming;
- Engage students in C-STEM learning experiences during and after-school using curriculum created new each year;
- Provide students’ opportunities to apply 21st century and STEM literacy skills in competitive environments by engaging students in relevant and rigorous project-based and problem-based learning;
- Enrich community understanding of STEM education and its importance in building capacity to prepare students for work and life in the 21st century through newsletters, podcasts, mobile app, website, social medial, events, workshops, and camps;
- Provide teachers with the opportunity to deliver high quality relevant project-based learning STEM content grades Pre K-12 STEM through the on-line Integrated C-STEM Teacher Training Institute that provides 42 hours of professional development;
- Serve as a vehicle that connects classroom learning with the business sector to improve students’ college and career readiness skills through partnerships with corporations, colleges/universities, professional organizations, PreK-12 schools, and public servants;
- Provide students’ exposure to careers in STEM-related fields through curriculum, podcasts, field experiences, mobile app, events, camps, workshops, and on-line STEM social engagement.
C-STEM is a 501(c) 3 organization.