To inspire the next generation of innovators and thought leaders by engaging them in exciting hands-on projects solving real world problems to encourage entry into the talent pipeline, bolster self-confidence, and foster a well-rounded mastery of the areas of communication, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
According to the STEM Education Coalition, “Exposure to formal and informal learning in STEM subjects, beginning at an early age and continuing through high school, prepares our nation’s student’s for the future ahead.”
C-STEM is a 501(c) 3 organization.
To enrich curriculum and instruction through integrated STEM learning experiences. The emphasis on hands-on, project-based learning supports teacher and student involvement in creative real-world problem-solving. Organizational goals are accomplished by:
- Empowering students to become innovators and technologically proficient problem solvers
- Ensuring that students have access to the appropriate STEM instructional resources conducive to enhancing their learning experiences both inside and outside of the traditional classroom setting
- Increasing student 21st century skills and STEM literacy by providing students through competition
- Enriching community understanding of STEM education and its importance in building capacity to prepare students for work and life in the 21st century
- Increasing teacher capacity to deliver STEM content grades Pre K-12 STEM
- Serving as a channel for connecting classroom learning with the business sector to improve students’ college and career readiness skills
- Increasing students interest in and capacity to pursue careers in STEM-related fields